Work Experience

Having prior work experience is important when applying to Canada, particularly under certain Economic Classes. For example, you need at least one year work experience under a skilled NOC to qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Class in Express Ent...Read More

Federal Skilled Worker Program Eligibility

The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) is one of Canada’s immigration programs under the economic class. What are the minimum requirements of the Federal Skilled Worker Program? To qualify under FSWP, an applicant must meet the following min...Read More

Income Statistics in Canada and the Role of Education

This is a reblog of Junjie’s post in Pinoys To Canada, January 19, 2015. (This should be the last of my “statistics” blogs. I just have this last interesting bunch of numbers I would like to share with you. I had this written but unpublished for many...Read More

What is the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System)

The comprehensive ranking system (CRS) is the final step in an Express Entry application, prior to receiving an invitation to apply. The CRS seeks to ultimately assess a person’s chances of becoming economically established in Canada. The CRS i...Read More

Working While on a Study Permit

In general, a foreign national is not allowed to work in Canada without a work permit. However, it is possible for foreign nationals with a study permit to work in Canada without having to apply for a work permit. Being legally allowed to work in Can...Read More

Express Entry: The Basics

One of Canada’s primary immigration goals is to support the development of a strong and prosperous Canadian economy. To achieve this goal, Canada has a number of immigration programs that pave the way for skilled workers to immigrate to Canada ...Read More

More Pinoy Stats in Canada

This is a reblog of Junjie’s post in Pinoys To Canada, January 12, 2014. Kabayan, As promised, here are more statistics on Pinoys here in Canada. Source of data : , which in turn cites Statistic...Read More

Getting Promoted as a Temporary Foreign Worker

Becoming a temporary foreign worker (TFW) in Canada can certainly earn well. Getting promoted, on the other hand, can be complicated. Still, it could be well worth it, especially if you’re looking to move to Canada. How do I get promoted as a T...Read More

Extending Your Stay in Canada

Renewal of Status It is possible to extend your temporary stay in Canada. This applies to visitors, as well as work or study permit holders. To renew your status, make sure you do it before your current status expires. With a renewal application, be ...Read More

Biggest Express Entry Draw Shows Drop in CRS Points Requirement

On October 18, 2016, the Canadian Minister of Citizenship and Immigration issued a Ministerial Instruction on the biggest Express Entry draw since the program started in January 2015. From October 18-19, 2016, the IRCC will issue 1,804 invitations to...Read More

Sponsor Eligibility

Family sponsorship, under the Family Class program, is one of the most common ways to immigrate to Canada. The first step to family sponsorship is determining sponsor eligibility. Under the family class program, an eligible Canadian citizen or perman...Read More

Pinoys Best Employed Immigrant Group in Canada

This is a reblog of Junjie’s blogpost in Pinoys To Canada, January 11, 2014. Let me pause for a while from sharing my personal experiences, and share with you government statistics I’ve found that provide insights on how Pinoy immigrants in Can...Read More

What is an NOC?

What’s an NOC and why do I need to know it? NOC stands for National Occupation Classification. This is a system classifying various jobs and positions depending on their respective fields, duties, and degree of education required. For immigrati...Read More

Work Permit: The Basics

Many Filipinos consider Canada as a preferred destination for employment opportunities abroad and one of the most frequently asked questions on Canadian immigration is how a foreign worker can work in Canada. Not only does Canada have labor shortages...Read More

Understanding Eligibility and Inadmissibility

There are two broad criteria that are assessed when applying to go to Canada: eligibility and inadmissibility. These are important to keep in mind for any application for going to Canada either permanently or temporarily. Eligibility Eligibility refe...Read More

Canada’s Electronic Travel Authorization leniency period ends November 9, 2016

Starting November 10, 2016, all visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada will not be allowed to board their flights without an Electronic Travel Authorization or eTA. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) introduced the eTA in...Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Lost Password


Skip to toolbar